Sunday 24 October 2010

The First of Many...

So... a friend of mine once told me, "If you have immense levels of boredom, start a blog!" and that's exactly what I've gone and done.

I suppose this is just a taster to break me in gently, so I should probably start with some kind of slapdash introduction.  My name is Kris... or at least it has been since August 2009.  Another friend of mine once told me (proving that I do listen to people occasionally) that I don't look like a Dave.  My reaction to this was, "Yes I do.  I've been Dave all my life and every time I look in a mirror I think to myself, 'That's Dave that is!'"  Anywho, she thought I looked more like a Kris with a 'K'.  The 'K' is very important.  And so, in a completely uncharacteristic act of planned spontaneity, I got on t'internet and changed my name by deed poll.

I was born in Alnwick (you can't get much further north without venturing into Scotland) and, genetically, I'm half Northern (the other half's from Norfolk, but that's not important).  I am, therefore, relatively tall and lanky.  Amongst fellow Northerners, I blend in quite nicely, however, I have been living in Newmarket in Suffolk (horse racing capital of the country and the home of the celebrated Newmarket sausage) for the past 17 years and feel like Gulliver in the Land of the Jockey!

Well, I think that's enough of an introduction for now (and believe me, I could go on all day if left to my own devices), so I think I'll draw this to a close.  I'm going to be auditioning later today for a pantomime, Robin Hood and the Babes in the Wood, and so I need to go and make myself all pretty and stuff.

I shall bid you adieu and keep you posted on how I get on.  BYE!!!! x

No comments:

Post a Comment